Our Mission, Aims & Ethos
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Vale Primary School! As a school, children are at the centre of all that we do and we value them as unique individuals. We aim to provide a happy and safe learning environment where every child can achieve their best in all areas of the curriculum. In our school, we use our Vale Values to ensure we ‘Value All Learners Equally.’
Our Vale Values are;
- We always try our best
- We are always honest
- We are respectful to ourselves and others
- We always listen to others
- We look after ourselves and each other
- We support our community
Through using and respecting out values we expect every member of our community to feel valued and respected, and that each person is treated fairly and well. We aim to develop a caring school community, whose values are built on mutual trust and respect for all. We aim to promote good relationships, so that people can work together with the common purpose of helping everyone to learn and reach their full potential. We aim to help children to grow in a safe and secure environment, and to become positive, responsible and increasingly independent members of the school community.
Our aims are to develop a learning environment where;
- Children are of equal worth whatever their background or beliefs.
- All members of the school should be treated and treat others with respect.
- Pupils learn in different ways and at different speeds.
- Each pupil will be equally valued as an individual learner.
- Teachers and parents are partners in their child’s education.
Our school ethos is encapsulated by an endeavour;
- To provide a safe, caring environment of equal opportunity where pupils can grow and develop intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically.
- To encourage pupils to value themselves and each other.
- To encourage pupils to become successful, independent learners, who are confident, enthusiastic, always striving to achieve high standards.
- To foster pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- To encourage pupils to value the environment both natural and shaped by humanity.
- To offer a wide range of opportunities for pupils to effectively contribute towards their learning and achievements and the learning of others.
- To encourage pupils to be responsible citizens who value truth, justice, human rights, the rule of law and collective effort for the common good.
- To prepare pupils for opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of the next phase of education and for adult life.